In Westminster Hall, there’s what may prove to be a significant Petitions Committee debate, on e-petition 604383, which urges the government to bring forward legislation to allow assisted dying for adults who are terminally ill and have mental capacity. Supporters will be hoping to show that the balance of opinion in Parliament has tilted their way since the defeat of Rob Marris’s private member’s bill in 2015 – and pushing for a route to take the issue forward, perhaps via a health select committee inquiry.
Saturday, August 13
- Tory members’ ballot ‘undemocratic’ way to choose next PM, say voters
- Dodon: Ping-pong între procurori. Mai aveți să vă jucați?
- Peste 6.000 de votanți sunt așteptați la alegerile locale noi
- Conflictul transnistrean, discutat de Bolbocean și Klimenko
- Președinția, ținta unui atac cibernetic: Serverul a fost compromis
- Cabinet minister switches support to Liz Truss in blow to Sunak’s leadership campaign
- Cum s-a adaptat Chironda în SUA: Combin depășirea jetlag-ului cu răceală
- Trump Mar-a-Lago Search Warrant, Property Receipt Show Agents Found Trove of Classified Docs